Title: Cool Can Sam Character Locations: Greenville & Columbia
Supervisor: Food Drive Coor. and Events Manager
Hours: As Needed
The Cool Can Sam character is a fun, educational mascot who helps provide hunger messages to community and children’s groups. Cool Can Sam is part of a professional team intended to provide education and identification to further the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank which is to provide for hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
• Portray the reputation of Harvest Hope Food Bank in a manner that is attractive to the audience
• Characterize the seriousness of hunger in a friendly, kind character
• Shake hands with children and further characterize the messages contained in the Cool Can Sam Activity Booklet (act sad when discussing hunger and how being hungry makes his stomach hurt)
• Remain silent while in costume; Cool Can Sam’s accompanying team member will do the speaking on his behalf while Cool Can Sam acts out the appropriate parts
• Applicants must be 18 years or older
• Customer service experience helpful
• Prior mascot experience helpful
• Must be punctual
• Must have a willing attitude
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity EmployerQualified candidates should submit their resume to: Human Resource or fax to: 803-254-6011.