Job Title: Marketing Manager Location: Columbia
Reports to: CEO
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am -4:00pm with some weekends and evenings
Position Summary: To develop and implement strategies and creative concepts along with hands on execution for marketing, communications and public relations (includes print, radio and social media) that support the brand and ensure a positive and consistent image; drive greater profitability through increases in donor activity, supports fundraising initiatives; increase mission impact and increase stakeholder engagement including financial donors.
• Four year degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications Required. Advanced course work and certification that balance Communications, Marketing and PR preferred.
• Seven+ years experience preferably including all three disciplines noted above.
• 2+ years of Supervisory experience required
• Must have strategic planning skills and solid management ability along with the ability to produce marketing plans along with the products to meet desired results.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Must have excellent organizational skills to balance and prioritize a wide array of projects and responsibilities.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Be proficient with the Internet and Social Media with the ability to produce quality and quantity media coverage
• Must be familiar with web site content management systems
• Highly proficient using Microsoft Office and creating visually compelling presentation decks is required. Design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Together with CEO and other Directors, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that when successfully executed will establish Harvest Hope Food Bank as the highest regarded non-profit that delivers the most impact on the community and the most worthy recipient of donor dollars and material donations.
2. Sets objectives for all marketing and communications activities including market research, advertising, brand management, media relations, social media and internal communications to accomplish Agency’ objectives including expanding the donor database.
3. Oversee the creation of all visual materials for the organization and works to ensure they support or extend brand guidelines with integrity and in a meaningful way.
4. Develops and oversees a project management process that provides efficiencies in the execution and delivery of project requests from internal customers.
5. Maintains a system of performance measurement (analyzing market trends) that reflects the progress toward achieving the annual and strategic objectives of the Marketing and Communications team in support of annual Agency goals. Measure ROI on campaigns and initiatives.
6. Supervises and produces all Harvest Hope Food Bank marketing and advertising campaigns and initiatives, media relation activities and brand management.
7. Supervises and participates as needed in all phases of production and marketing of all communications material which represents Harvest Hope Food Bank to its key stakeholders: newsletters, brochures, web sites, annual reports, advertisements, etc.
8. Supports/advertises/promotes special events such as the Empty Bowls, LIFT, Hope Now, as well as other events.
9. Participates in relevant community events and organizations to enhance Harvest Hope Food Bank’s visibility and to make professional contributions in areas supportive of Harvest Hope Food Bank’s mission. Serve as one of the spokespersons of the organization to communicate the mission and services to potential users, members of the media, general public and current and future employees.
10. Prepares annual budget for department and operate within confines of that budget
11. Engages with the CEO and Sr. Leaders Team in setting the strategy for the company and distilling that strategy into operational initiatives.
12. Works flexible schedules, evening, weekends and holidays, if required.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: Human Resources or fax to: 803-254-6011