Title: Cool Can Sam Character Locations: Greenville & Columbia
Supervisor: Food Drive Coor. and Events Manager
Hours: As Needed
The Cool Can Sam character is a fun, educational mascot who helps provide hunger messages to community and children’s groups. Cool Can Sam is part of a professional team intended to provide education and identification to further the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank which is to provide for hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
• Portray the reputation of Harvest Hope Food Bank in a manner that is attractive to the audience
• Characterize the seriousness of hunger in a friendly, kind character
• Shake hands with children and further characterize the messages contained in the Cool Can Sam Activity Booklet (act sad when discussing hunger and how being hungry makes his stomach hurt)
• Remain silent while in costume; Cool Can Sam’s accompanying team member will do the speaking on his behalf while Cool Can Sam acts out the appropriate parts
• Applicants must be 18 years or older
• Customer service experience helpful
• Prior mascot experience helpful
• Must be punctual
• Must have a willing attitude
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Job Title: Warehouse Associate Location: Columbia
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 3:00pm (some nights and/or weekends)
Position Description: The Warehouse Worker is responsible for loading and unloading product as well as assisting member agencies with their needs. The incumbent is responsible for storing product using effective warehousing and inventory management principles and ensuring the quality and safety of all products in inventory. This position will be required to ensure high levels of service and courtesy to all customers, drivers, co-workers and visitors. In addition, the Warehouse Worker properly accounts for all products by demonstrating attention to detail regarding all shipping, receiving and inventory documentation. Must be a team player with the ability to communicate effectively and positively influence others regarding the needs of Harvest Hope Food Bank. Candidate must have the ability to work with a variety of people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
• High school diploma (some college preferable)
• 2+ years of warehouse experience preferred
• Forklift Experience/as well as other standard warehouse equipment required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good math skills with demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds in a labor intensive environment
• Working knowledge of basic principles of inventory management
• Able to successfully work in a team environment
• Able to successfully pass a background check and random drug screens
1. Ensure that all outbound loads are properly loaded
2. Ensures shipping documents are completed and that they display the correct product description and quantities before the load leaves the dock
3. Verify product received against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and any obvious damages.
4. Follow all warehouse safety procedures, including those related to attire, material handling, packaging and operating warehouse equipment
5. Monitor and maintain proper cooler and freezer temperatures
6. Identify and communicate process improvements opportunities for consideration and implementation
7. Follows “First In First Out” (FIFO) procedures to ensure high levels of product quality
8. Properly maintains warehouse at a high level of cleanliness, careful to maintain the safety and quality of the inventory
9. Performs daily cycle counts and researches any discrepancies in an effort to maintain inventory accuracy
10. Complies with all appropriate policies stipulated by the USDA, Feeding America, the Department of Social Services and Harvest Hope Food Bank
11. Performs all other duties as needed.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: Human Resource or fax to: 803-254-6011