Position: Events Coordinator Location: Columbia
Hours: Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM along with some nights and weekends
Primary Job Duties: The Events Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and execution of events as well as marketing Harvest Hope Food Bank to churches, civic organizations, and both community and business partners to build brand recognition and encourage participation on various levels in the assigned area. Events include but are not limited to food drive events, corporate events, media events, signature special events, etc. The incumbent will partner with the Marketing Manager to assure appropriate printed, electronic and media contact is made to assist in the promotions of the event. The position will communicate the needs of Harvest Hope Food Bank to secure event sponsors and spread the mission to the community.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Event planning experience with success in obtaining sponsors
• Community relations experience
• Media experience (generating media and being on camera)
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a strong ability/experience public speaking
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Raiser’s Edge (fundraising software) preferred
• Fundraising or sales experience preferred
• Must be able to synthesize the mission and core values of the organization using a high degree of mature discernment and communicate a consistent, positive message
• Must have integrity, enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to think quickly and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people, including staff, volunteers and donors
• Meet with potential partners, including civic groups, churches and businesses, to determine if there is a charitable interest and explain how these groups could partner with the food bank. This will include public speaking and presentations.
• Responsible for the concept, organization and implementation of a yearly ask event to build brand and met fundraising budget goals.
• Plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of local special events which will assist in building resources to include financial friends and food donors. This includes all areas including registration to obtaining venue and sponsors.
• Collaborate with Harvest Hope Food Bank co-workers regarding events, presentations, tours, etc. to assure that correct information is communicated in a timely fashion to assure that all responsibilities for adequate support are achieved
• Track all activities in Raisers Edge fundraising software to document critical contact information
• Responsible for appropriate and timely recognition to all event sponsors, including letters, plaques, and any other written communication to relay the importance of their participation to the mission and service of the food bank
• Communicate events to media as well as partner with Development team (Columbia & Greenville) to ensure information is posted on all media outlets, including print and electronic formats
• Plans, implements and manages food bank special fundraising and third party events; secure and solicit business sponsorships and in kind donations for all events such as Empty Bowls, Hope Now, et cetera
• Demonstrate personal leadership skills coupled with the ability to motivate, encourage as well as direct staff and volunteers.
• Assist Donor Relations Manager with conducting donor “Thank you” calls, etc.
• Attend development department staff meetings by conference call or in person
• Work with other development department members to build consistency in printed materials, spoken statistics and other distribution outlets to assist by maximizing donor participation and follow up for cultivation events
• Oversee the calendar of events. Utilize this and other methods to communicate with all constituents for planning and involvement as needed with as much notice as possible. This is particularly important to include for volunteers, staff and Board members.
• All other duties as assigned
Position: Child Feeding Coordinator Location: Columbia
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm with some nights and weekends depending on events and speaking request.
Job Description: The Child Feeding Coordinator will work directly with Harvest Hope Food Bank Staff and school community leaders and volunteers to establish programs that will close the missing meal gap for school-aged children. This person will help to ensure that all HHFB policies and procedures are fulfilled and standards maintained appropriately, while cultivating a culture of excellence in the implementation of the Kids Café, Backpack and School Pantry programs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (communications, marketing, social services, etc.)
• Experience working with community based/nonprofit organizations.
• Program management experience preferred
• Strong skills in organization, time management
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills with emphasis on public speaking
• High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness and helpfulness).
• Detail orientation and able to comply with regulations.
• Valid current driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation and the ability to travel when needed.
• Ability to work with diverse groups.
• Ability to set own priorities and work independently.
• Ability to research, analyze and troubleshoot problems.
• Program management experience preferred.
• Able to practice professionalism, uphold personal boundaries and maintain confidentiality
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Able to take, execute, and provide clear directions in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to lift at least 45 lbs.
• Become knowledgeable in processors and procedures of HHFB and ALL of the Child Feeding Programs.
• General management of all aspects of the Kids Café, Backpack and School Pantry Programs, including site selection, monitoring and support.
• Monitor agencies dedicated to youth programs on an annual basis and provide training and guidance, as necessary.
• Update and maintain menus for sites (DSS Feeding Guidelines).
• Provide accurate reports for funding to include grants and general programs donations.
• Place orders for programs and coordinate order pickup and deliveries with transportation.
• Work with operations and transportation to provide support and quality customer service at each distribution.
• Work cohesively with the Operations/Inventory to accurately monitor inventory on a monthly basis.
• Maintain and foster relationships with administrative and staff at schools, churches, etc.
• Work with AR Dept. to ensure consistency, customer services excellence and support of the HHFB mission.
• Develop and meet with potential Child Feeding program partners to include developing and presenting information in group settings.
• Develop outreach/publicity materials to encourage optimum program participation.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: Human Resources or fax to: 803-254-6011