Title: Cool Can Sam Character Locations: Greenville & Columbia
Supervisor: Food Drive Coor. and Events Manager
Hours: As Needed
The Cool Can Sam character is a fun, educational mascot who helps provide hunger messages to community and children’s groups. Cool Can Sam is part of a professional team intended to provide education and identification to further the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank which is to provide for hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
• Portray the reputation of Harvest Hope Food Bank in a manner that is attractive to the audience
• Characterize the seriousness of hunger in a friendly, kind character
• Shake hands with children and further characterize the messages contained in the Cool Can Sam Activity Booklet (act sad when discussing hunger and how being hungry makes his stomach hurt)
• Remain silent while in costume; Cool Can Sam’s accompanying team member will do the speaking on his behalf while Cool Can Sam acts out the appropriate parts
• Applicants must be 18 years or older
• Customer service experience helpful
• Prior mascot experience helpful
• Must be punctual
• Must have a willing attitude
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Job Title: Marketing Manager Location: Columbia
Reports to: CEO
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am -4:00pm with some weekends and evenings
Position Summary: To develop and implement strategies and creative concepts along with hands on execution for marketing, communications and public relations (includes print, radio and social media) that support the brand and ensure a positive and consistent image; drive greater profitability through increases in donor activity, supports fundraising initiatives; increase mission impact and increase stakeholder engagement including financial donors.
• Four year degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications Required. Advanced course work and certification that balance Communications, Marketing and PR preferred.
• Seven+ years experience preferably including all three disciplines noted above.
• 2+ years of Supervisory experience required
• Must have strategic planning skills and solid management ability along with the ability to produce marketing plans along with the products to meet desired results.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Must have excellent organizational skills to balance and prioritize a wide array of projects and responsibilities.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Be proficient with the Internet and Social Media with the ability to produce quality and quantity media coverage
• Must be familiar with web site content management systems
• Highly proficient using Microsoft Office and creating visually compelling presentation decks is required. Design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Together with CEO and other Directors, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that when successfully executed will establish Harvest Hope Food Bank as the highest regarded non-profit that delivers the most impact on the community and the most worthy recipient of donor dollars and material donations.
2. Sets objectives for all marketing and communications activities including market research, advertising, brand management, media relations, social media and internal communications to accomplish Agency’ objectives including expanding the donor database.
3. Oversee the creation of all visual materials for the organization and works to ensure they support or extend brand guidelines with integrity and in a meaningful way.
4. Develops and oversees a project management process that provides efficiencies in the execution and delivery of project requests from internal customers.
5. Maintains a system of performance measurement (analyzing market trends) that reflects the progress toward achieving the annual and strategic objectives of the Marketing and Communications team in support of annual Agency goals. Measure ROI on campaigns and initiatives.
6. Supervises and produces all Harvest Hope Food Bank marketing and advertising campaigns and initiatives, media relation activities and brand management.
7. Supervises and participates as needed in all phases of production and marketing of all communications material which represents Harvest Hope Food Bank to its key stakeholders: newsletters, brochures, web sites, annual reports, advertisements, etc.
8. Supports/advertises/promotes special events such as the Empty Bowls, LIFT, Hope Now, as well as other events.
9. Participates in relevant community events and organizations to enhance Harvest Hope Food Bank’s visibility and to make professional contributions in areas supportive of Harvest Hope Food Bank’s mission. Serve as one of the spokespersons of the organization to communicate the mission and services to potential users, members of the media, general public and current and future employees.
10. Prepares annual budget for department and operate within confines of that budget
11. Engages with the CEO and Sr. Leaders Team in setting the strategy for the company and distilling that strategy into operational initiatives.
12. Works flexible schedules, evening, weekends and holidays, if required.
Job Title: Warehouse Worker Location: Columbia
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 3:00pm (some nights and/or weekends)
Position Description: The Warehouse Worker is responsible for loading and unloading product as well as assisting member agencies with their needs. The incumbent is responsible for storing product using effective warehousing and inventory management principles and ensuring the quality and safety of all products in inventory. This position will be required to ensure high levels of service and courtesy to all customers, drivers, co-workers and visitors. In addition, the Warehouse Worker properly accounts for all products by demonstrating attention to detail regarding all shipping, receiving and inventory documentation. Must be a team player with the ability to communicate effectively and positively influence others regarding the needs of Harvest Hope Food Bank. Candidate must have the ability to work with a variety of people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
• High school diploma (some college preferable)
• 2+ years of warehouse experience preferred
• Forklift Experience/as well as other standard warehouse equipment required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good math skills with demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds in a labor intensive environment
• Working knowledge of basic principles of inventory management
• Able to successfully work in a team environment
• Able to successfully pass a background check and random drug screens
1. Ensure that all outbound loads are properly loaded
2. Ensures shipping documents are completed and that they display the correct product description and quantities before the load leaves the dock
3. Verify product received against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and any obvious damages.
4. Follow all warehouse safety procedures, including those related to attire, material handling, packaging and operating warehouse equipment
5. Monitor and maintain proper cooler and freezer temperatures
6. Identify and communicate process improvements opportunities for consideration and implementation
7. Follows “First In First Out” (FIFO) procedures to ensure high levels of product quality
8. Properly maintains warehouse at a high level of cleanliness, careful to maintain the safety and quality of the inventory
9. Performs daily cycle counts and researches any discrepancies in an effort to maintain inventory accuracy
10. Complies with all appropriate policies stipulated by the USDA, Feeding America, the Department of Social Services and Harvest Hope Food Bank
11. Performs all other duties as needed.
Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor Location: Florence
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30AM – 3:30PM and weekend or after hours as needed
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to oversee all shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, inventory counts, inventory controls and fleet management. The position reports to the Director of Operations. The position is also responsible for planning and delegating work assignments, meeting objectives and determining causes of variances.
• High School Diploma Required, Bachelors Degree preferred
• Supervisory experience
• 5+ years warehouse and fleet maintenance experience required; food banking experience preferred
• Current CDL license preferred
• Computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office
• Customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be an excellent problem solver with the ability to multi-task
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and be extremely detail oriented
• Must have proven leadership skills with the ability to lead the Warehouse team to accomplish goals/objectives
• Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, climb, push, pull, bend and reach
• Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
• Ability to read contracts, add, subtract and manipulate numbers
• Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety and attendance
• Must have strong interpersonal, influence, process management and negotiating skills
• Must be results driven
Other Desired Characteristics:
• Strong communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies including donors, volunteers, potential agency members and others to educate about our mission and various services for the purposes of building brand
• Deep commitment and passion for the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank and Feeding America
• Must understand that good customer service and good public relations skills are essential to every job
• Manages a staff of 7 warehouse workers and drivers; partners with Human Resources for hiring, training, discipline, etc.
• Coordinate all activities concerned with inventory maintenance:
o Responsible for verification of quantity and quality of products at receipt and at distribution.
o Oversees quality control and product rotation for dry, cooler, and frozen products
o Maintain accurate physical inventory count.
• Oversees Product Distribution:
o Responsible for ensuring the check-out is operated by trained staff and ensure that all agencies abide by Harvest Hope Food Bank guidelines
o Responsible for fair, equitable and efficient distribution of product to agencies and programs
• Follow practices and policies as determined by the Director of Operations to run the warehouse within budget
• Complete daily walk through and lead warehouse team to ensure completion of Weekly Maintenance and Cleaning Schedule
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals
• Ensure the warehouse is prepared for all audits and meets all standards
• Ensure that all personnel, including warehouse personnel, are complying with all mandated safety policies
• Serves or assigns a Florence team member to service on the Harvest Hope Food Bank safety committee
• Develop and assign work schedules
• Responsible for developing and revising retail routes
• As needed, serves as the backup for agency distribution, including all invoices, billing, deposits and reports
• Accomplishes warehouse operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• All other duties as assigned
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: Human Resource or fax to: 803-254-6011