Title: Cool Can Sam Character Locations: Greenville & Columbia
Supervisor: Food Drive Coor. and Events Manager
Hours: As Needed
The Cool Can Sam character is a fun, educational mascot who helps provide hunger messages to community and children’s groups. Cool Can Sam is part of a professional team intended to provide education and identification to further the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank which is to provide for hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
• Portray the reputation of Harvest Hope Food Bank in a manner that is attractive to the audience
• Characterize the seriousness of hunger in a friendly, kind character
• Shake hands with children and further characterize the messages contained in the Cool Can Sam Activity Booklet (act sad when discussing hunger and how being hungry makes his stomach hurt)
• Remain silent while in costume; Cool Can Sam’s accompanying team member will do the speaking on his behalf while Cool Can Sam acts out the appropriate parts
• Applicants must be 18 years or older
• Customer service experience helpful
• Prior mascot experience helpful
• Must be punctual
• Must have a willing attitude
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Job Title: Marketing Manager Location: Columbia
Reports to: CEO
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am -4:00pm with some weekends and evenings
Position Summary: To develop and implement strategies and creative concepts along with hands on execution for marketing, communications and public relations (includes print, radio and social media) that support the brand and ensure a positive and consistent image; drive greater profitability through increases in donor activity, supports fundraising initiatives; increase mission impact and increase stakeholder engagement including financial donors.
• Four year degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications Required. Advanced course work and certification that balance Communications, Marketing and PR preferred.
• Seven+ years experience preferably including all three disciplines noted above.
• 2+ years of Supervisory experience required
• Must have strategic planning skills and solid management ability along with the ability to produce marketing plans along with the products to meet desired results.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Must have excellent organizational skills to balance and prioritize a wide array of projects and responsibilities.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Be proficient with the Internet and Social Media with the ability to produce quality and quantity media coverage
• Must be familiar with web site content management systems
• Highly proficient using Microsoft Office and creating visually compelling presentation decks is required. Design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Together with CEO and other Directors, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that when successfully executed will establish Harvest Hope Food Bank as the highest regarded non-profit that delivers the most impact on the community and the most worthy recipient of donor dollars and material donations.
2. Sets objectives for all marketing and communications activities including market research, advertising, brand management, media relations, social media and internal communications to accomplish Agency’ objectives including expanding the donor database.
3. Oversee the creation of all visual materials for the organization and works to ensure they support or extend brand guidelines with integrity and in a meaningful way.
4. Develops and oversees a project management process that provides efficiencies in the execution and delivery of project requests from internal customers.
5. Maintains a system of performance measurement (analyzing market trends) that reflects the progress toward achieving the annual and strategic objectives of the Marketing and Communications team in support of annual Agency goals. Measure ROI on campaigns and initiatives.
6. Supervises and produces all Harvest Hope Food Bank marketing and advertising campaigns and initiatives, media relation activities and brand management.
7. Supervises and participates as needed in all phases of production and marketing of all communications material which represents Harvest Hope Food Bank to its key stakeholders: newsletters, brochures, web sites, annual reports, advertisements, etc.
8. Supports/advertises/promotes special events such as the Empty Bowls, LIFT, Hope Now, as well as other events.
9. Participates in relevant community events and organizations to enhance Harvest Hope Food Bank’s visibility and to make professional contributions in areas supportive of Harvest Hope Food Bank’s mission. Serve as one of the spokespersons of the organization to communicate the mission and services to potential users, members of the media, general public and current and future employees.
10. Prepares annual budget for department and operate within confines of that budget
11. Engages with the CEO and Sr. Leaders Team in setting the strategy for the company and distilling that strategy into operational initiatives.
12. Works flexible schedules, evening, weekends and holidays, if required.
Position: Donor Relations Manager Location: Florence
Supervisor: Branch Director
Hours: Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM and some nights and weekends
Primary Job Duties: The Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for donor cultivation in their assigned area. This position is expected to develop prospective donors leading to successful “asks”. The Donor Relations Manager is also responsible for the planning and execution of events as well as marketing Harvest Hope Food Bank to churches, civic organizations, and both community and business partners. This position will also work closely with the Director of Donor Relations to successfully build and manage strategic relationships to increase and maintain major gifts to support Harvest Hope Food Bank’s mission. Events include but are not limited to food drive events, corporate events, media events, signature special events, etc. The incumbent will assure appropriate printed, electronic and media contact is made to assist in the promotions of the event.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in successful individual and corporate major gifts and planned giving fundraising with the ability to meet fundraising targets as well as budget goals
• Must be highly skilled professional with development and fundraising experience and a proven track record of building donor relationship and closing gifts in the five figure and above range
• Event planning and community relations experience
• Media experience (generating media and being on camera)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a strong ability to public speak. Ability to write donor proposals, cultivation packets and correspondence to donors.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Experience in fundraising software, i.e., Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Must be able to synthesize the mission and core values of the organization using a high degree of discernment and communicate a consistent, positive message
• Demonstrated leadership skills coupled with the ability to motivate, encourage and supervise staff
• Ability to think quickly and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people, including staff, volunteers and donors
1. Build a strong portfolio of prospects and donors attending to the balance between discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Must ensure positive and purposeful donor relations with donors and prospects utilizing the CEO in the process.
2. Partner with the Director of Donor Relations in all aspects of the major gifts program to meet individual fundraising plan goals
3. Plan, coordinate and implement all local special events which will assist in building resources to include financial friends and food donors.
4. Responsible for the concept, organization and implementation of a yearly ask event to ensure a successful event where all fundraising goals are met.
5. Assist in developing and implementing fundraising/marketing plans. Responsible for meeting assigned individual and team goals and metrics.
6. Collaborate with Harvest Hope Food Bank co-workers regarding events, presentations, tours, etc. to assure that correct information is communicated in a timely fashion to assure that all responsibilities for adequate support are achieved
7. Track all activities in Raisers Edge fundraising software to document critical contact information and keep an accurate and current database of donors and events.
8. Responsible for appropriate and timely recognition to all event sponsors, including letters, plaques, and any other written communication to relay the importance of their participation to the mission and service of the food bank
9. Partner with Marketing team to communicate/advertise events to ensure information is posted on all media outlets, including print and electronic formats
10. Demonstrate personal leadership skills coupled with the ability to motivate, encourage and appropriately supervise other staff
11. Attend and participate in all weekly development department staff meetings as directed
12. Provide all requested work in a timely manner adhering to established deadlines
13. Work with other development department members to build consistency in printed materials, spoken statistics and other distribution outlets to assist by maximizing donor participation and follow up for cultivation events
14. Oversee/update the Calendar of Events. Utilize this and other methods to communicate with all constituents for planning and involvement as needed with as much notice as possible. This is particularly important to include for volunteers, staff and Board members.
15. All other duties as assigned
Job Title: Bilingual Emergency Food Pantry Assistant Location: Lexington Pantry
Supervisor: EFP Manager
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 2:30 and some evenings and weekends
Position Description: The EFP Assistant is primarily responsible for intake, SNAP Applications, outreach, and translating. The EFP Assistant is responsible for setting up appointments daily for clients to apply for food stamp applications through the grant funded Benefit Bank program and assisting clients with applications. Candidate must keep accurate records for Benefit Bank. This position is also responsible for administrative tasks such as reports, and making signs for the pantry. This position also assists as needed with volunteers, reception, CSFP, translating appropriate material into Spanish for clients, and cleaning the front of the building. Candidates must have the ability to work with a variety of people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
• Bilingual - Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills in English and Spanish
• 1-2 years relevant experience; Benefit Bank Knowledge/Training a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word , Outlook, ability to learn new software
• Working knowledge of a multi-line phone system
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
Other Desired Characteristics:
• Strong communication skills effective across a variety of constituencies including donors, volunteers, potential agency members and others to educate about our mission and various services.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people from all socio-economic backgrounds.
• Deep commitment and passion for the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank and Feeding America
• Must work well with others and be a team player
1. Outreach for SNAP and schedule appointments for food stamp applications
2. Complete Benefit Bank applications adhering to monthly goals, make necessary copies, and mail proper forms
3. Conduct Intake for English and Spanish speaking clients providing excellent customer service
4. Translating as necessary for EFP or HHFB as needed
5. Serves as back-up for receptionist when needed
6. Administrative tasks such as daily reports, making signs, sending menus, and other duties.
7. Ensures volunteers have all needed tools and education in order to be successful in intake.
8. Assists with cleaning in front of building.
9. Assists with CSFP phone calls and paperwork
10. Build professional relationships with volunteers to make an effective positive work environment and assist with volunteer scheduling, pictures, volunteer of the month.
11. All other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: Human Resource or fax to: 803-254-6011