Job Title: Creative Services Specialist Location: Columbia
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (some nights and/or weekends)
The Creative Services Specialist is a passionate and creative individual who supports the overall creative needs of Harvest Hope Food Bank. Duties may include design, layout and formatting of a variety of creative projects, including, but not limited to, newsletters, banners and print advertisements, brochures, direct mail, presentations, trade show displays and signage. The incumbent will consult with other food bank employees to determine project requirements and then visually integrate typographic, photographic and illustrative elements to create high-impact designs that engage the target audience. This position will be responsible for managing projects from start to finish, developing or acquiring the imagery used in all materials and ensuring all projects adhere to Harvest Hope Food Bank’s Brand Guidelines.
• Associate Degree in Graphic Design
• Minimum 2-4 years in a creative services role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge and proven work experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
• Stellar work ethic with the ability to work with aggressive deadlines and on multiple/simultaneous projects
• Solid attention to details with strong visual design skills, layout and high graphic standards
• Strong communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills are essential and ability to adapt to a variety of work styles
• In-depth knowledge of pre-press and print production requirements
• Good marketing intuition
• Ability to problem solve and work independently
• Basic photography skills
• Excellent project management skills — must thrive in a fast–paced environment while meeting deadlines and expectations for quality, creativity, and accuracy
• Knowledge of social media and website management
1. Creates and produces images and logos for events, direct mailing, stationery, etc.
2. Creates layouts for newsletters, flyers, brochures and other print pieces
3. Coordinates with printing companies for production of print pieces
4. Creates layouts for digital newsletters
5. Creates promotional displays including signs and outdoor signage for public display
6. Assists with maintaining Harvest Hope Food Bank’s website and social media outlets
7. Photographs major events and check presentations
8. Works closely with all development staff to maximize donor participation and follow up for cultivation events.
9. Works as a team to practice donor-centric fundraising with a focus on aligning donor giving priorities with organizational priorities as outlined in the strategic plan.
10. Remain current with the latest trends and technology to keep the Company’s presence competitive
11. Assists with IT as needed
12. Assists with special events as needed
13. Performs all other duties as needed
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to: Human Resources or fax to: 803-254-6011