Branch Executive Director
The Branch Executive Director is responsible for the overall operational administration and management of the Harvest Hope Food Bank (HHFB) Midlands' branch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Branch Executive Director will plan and implement strategies to meet outlined goals and fulfill responsibilities as related to, but not limited to:
- Oversees the implementation of distribution center operations, including logistics, scheduling systems, delivery, and transportation, loading dock activity, food storage and security, warehouse temperature control, pest control, emergency action plans, and closing procedures.
- Develops and drives culture of accountability through daily assessments and operational evaluation.
- Upon review of operating results of the assigned branch, takes steps to correct any issues or concerns.
- Directs the activities involved in the efficient movement of product including accurate receipt, storage and distribution maximizing space, resources and avoiding waste or damages.
- Establishes effective procedures and controls for the safe and efficient movement and preservation of product; monitors adherence to established procedures to ensure safety and sanitation measures are followed in keeping with Feeding America and AIB guidelines.
- Ensures an accurate inventory of products at all times through a maintained inventory control system.
- Directly accountable for the successful implementation, assessment, and transition of all new operational initiatives.
Strategic and Fiscal Management
- Participates in all strategic planning processes and activities related to assigned branches.
- Implements work plans to meet strategic objectives; provides guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out plans in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Provides regular feedback to senior leadership about the accomplishment of operational goals outlined in the strategic plan.
- Interacts and works cooperatively with partner agencies and other food banks to fight hunger locally.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and internal controls for prudent financial management.
- Assists senior leadership in preparing annual branch budgets and monitors monthly.
- Oversees Branch Advisory Council.
- Acts as face of Harvest Hope with community engagement, speaking engagements, and networking events
- Manages assigned branches’ operational assets and expenses in a manner that is fiscally sound.
Reporting and Compliance
- Responsible for ensuring all standards are met in accordance with Feeding America as well as local, county, state, and federal guidelines.
- Meets or exceeds assigned metrics and reports to monitor results, predict operational needs, enhance client service, and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Keeps informed about all Feeding America, as well as county, state and federal government contracts, disaster programs, etc. and assists with logistical aspects of HHFB’s disaster relief plan
- Serves as primary liaison with auditors for assigned branches.
Facilities / Equipment
- Ensures equipment and facility are operational while identifying opportunities for improvement to reduce waste and manage repair needs.
- Oversees preventative maintenance for vehicles and facilities.
- Suggests replacement schedule for facility systems, equipment, and vehicles.
- Develops and manages the safety and sanitation programs.
Personnel Management / Team Leadership
- Sets example of leadership for the entire staff that is inspiring, supportive of open communication, laser-focused on mission and continuously aware of fiduciary duties.
- Trains, delegates, motivates, and retains a competent distribution center and operations staff committed to HHFB’s mission and values.
- Coaches and develops staff to maximize performance, makes recommendations affecting staff and employment decisions.
- Partners with senior leadership to execute performance management strategy for assigned branches.
- Works with appropriate staff to identify needs and opportunities.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff, encouraging the sharing of concerns with suggestions for improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, or related degree.
- Minimum of five years of prior management experience in operational roles.
- Demonstrated senior leadership with strategic, policy, and budget planning experience.
- Five years’ experience with distribution/logistics systems preferred.
- Experience with food distribution preferred.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Frequent traveling during the day is required. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast pace and is deadline driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.