Mobile Food Pantry Program Specialist
The Mobile Food Pantry Specialist is responsible for all aspects of coordinating and expanding the Mobile Food Pantry (MFP) Program in accordance with community and partner agency needs and HHFB’s organizational strategy and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Supports the interactive operations of HHFB’s MFP program including planning and logistics, building relationships in the community, and representing HHFB through internal and external activities, which may include evenings and weekends.
• Solicits funds for mobile food pantries to fulfill specific community needs and collaborates with donor relationship specialists to obtain new funding sources and sponsorships.
• Provides excellent customer service and collaboration with donors to increase community engagement and financial support for the MFP program.
• Using an equity lens that looks at both cultural and geographic disparities, partners with team to identify areas in need of food resources and applies data to address needs through the MFP program.
• Monitors MPIN (meals per person in need) metrics and works with branch leadership to determine counties that need additional food through the MFP program.
• Establishes and maintains program contractual agreements with each participating MFP sponsor/recipient in compliance with Feeding America and other regulatory agency policies and procedures.
• Coordinates weekly meetings with internal partners including Food Procurement Specialist, Inventory Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Warehouse Lead, Grant Coordinator, Accounts Receivable Specialist and other appropriate HHFB staff members.
• Exhibits proactive leadership to support the operational and budgetary needs of the MFP program.
• Maintains an updated MFP calendar across the organization.
• Serves as primary internal and external contact for MFP inquiries.
• Completes monthly reporting summaries for current, completed, and projected MFP’s and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
- • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Demonstrated experience managing a program or project with limited guidance and direction
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data and design workflow and procedures
• Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Valid driver’s license
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires frequent lifting of up to 40 pounds. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Traveling during the day is required. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast pace and is deadline driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.