To apply, please send your resume to Michelle Tobin, Director of Human Resources.
**Please be aware of scams targeting job applicants. Harvest Hope does not offer work-from-home positions, and only conducts interviews in-person or by phone.**
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Chief Executive Officer will provide strategic and tactical leadership to the largest food bank in South Carolina. Ultimately, the position is responsible for the administration, management, and overall impact of the organization. The CEO will lead and motivate the exempt and non-exempt team members that contribute to feeding the hungry across 20 counties. This role is a highly visible position that represents the organization within the community. The CEO will partner closely with the Board of Directors, other agencies, donors, sponsors, volunteers, and businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO will plan and implement strategies to meet outlined goals and fulfill essential responsibilities, as related but not limited to:
- Spearhead the organization’s objectives, ensuring that they align and remain consistent with the overall mission and vision.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the organizational impact, distribution channels, systems, processes, and employees.
- Along with the Board of Directors, Advisory Committees and staff, develop and execute a strategic plan for the sustainability of the organization. Partner closely with senior leadership to develop the operational plan.
- Promote an organizational culture that focuses on employee engagement, recognition, and retention.
- Assess and develop the leadership team, building a talent pipeline, and ensuring effective people allocation and resources.
- Monitor and oversee the budget administration while being fiscally responsible. Partnering closely with leadership to ensure annual operating and financial goals are met.
- Serve as subject matter expert of the organization for media interviews, presentations, networking, and other public-facing initiatives.
- Embrace change and innovation by evaluating vendors, technology, and resources to identify the operational effectiveness.
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts and agreements.
- Direct the development efforts of Harvest Hope, including setting and achieving financial goals for various fundraising campaigns, creating corporate sponsorships and similar alliances with for-profit entities, building long-term relationships with foundations and enhancing revenue from individual donors.
- Focus on continuous improvement to accelerate the mission, values, and goals of the organization.
- Analyze external trends that may impact the organizational mission and/or disrupt meeting the mission of feeding the hungry.
- Engage board members in external relationship-building, resource development and collaboration activities.
- Encourage data-driven decision-making and implement accountability for expected results.
- Promote and support a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in daily business initiatives.
- Partner closely with the Board of Directors and ensure effective communication with all its members.
- Follow and meet initiatives and requirements as established by Feeding America.
- Ensure that Harvest Hope Food Bank is a leader and collaborator with other food banks in South Carolina and the national Feeding America network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Significant executive level leadership and management experience in a successful, growth-oriented organization of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to attract financial and other resources to a cause, substantial experience cultivating and expanding donor relationships and the ability to identify new revenue streams.
- Exceptional track record of exceeding fundraising and/or sales goals as well as proven effectiveness in leading fundraising or sales team in an organization.
- A strategic thinker with well-honed business acumen and demonstrated experience working with and motivating people in diverse, community-wide collaborations to address complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral skills and proven effectiveness in addressing large groups.
- A basic understanding of the legislative process and advocacy with a well-developed political savvy and understanding of bureaucracy, including knowledge of local, state and federal programs.
- Experience in the food industry preferred but not required.
- Proven experience with fiscal management, budgeting and operations including responsibility for developing and managing a multimillion-dollar budget preferred.
- Experience supporting the board of directors in its governance role, fostering its ongoing development, engaging its members in strategy and resource development and keeping it informed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Services or related field. Relevant advanced degree preferred.
Volunteer & Development Coordinator
Location: Pee Dee
Reports to: Branch Executive Director
The Volunteer/Development Coordinator is responsible for cultivating an actively engaged individual and corporate volunteer network in the Pee Dee region, organizing and coordinating volunteer activities, and managing volunteer files and database. This role will identify and conduct research on corporate and individual donor prospects and assist Branch Executive Director in the general development activities and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, manage, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the Pee Dee branch and schedule all volunteer activity to include tours.
- Coordinate, cultivate and manage corporate volunteer projects within the community.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support all areas of operations.
- Respond to volunteer communications including phone calls and emails in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain volunteer database, ensuring the accurate and timely entry of volunteer contact information, timesheets, applications and other data.
- Coordinate volunteer recognition and fellowship activities.
- Provide support for all development activities as needed, including food drives, marketing and community events.
- Attending and presenting at community events to promote awareness of Harvest Hope mission and recruit volunteers and donors.
- Organize, initiate, and oversee donor cultivation activities as directed by Branch Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support for all volunteer and development activities for the Pee Dee location.
- Other duties as requested by Branch Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant experience/education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of fundraising and/or working with volunteers in nonprofit sector, preferably for a human services organization desired.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communication skills, including the ability to make presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office.
Physical requirments and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description. This position operates in both an office and warehouse setting. This position requires ability to bend, stoop, lift 25 pounds without assistance, and walk and stand for an extended period. The position also requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Some traveling during the day is required. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast-pace and is deadline-driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.