To apply, please send your resume to Michelle Tobin, Director of Human Resources.
Emergency Food Pantry (EFP) Receptionist - Upstate Branch
Emergency Food Pantry Manager
The Emergency Food Pantry Receptionist will greet, assist, and provide direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests.
- Determines the purpose of each person’s visit; provides information and/or directs him or her to the appropriate location.
- Answers phone and responds to client and volunteer inquiries in a timely manner; returns messages as needed.
- Assists with volunteer scheduling, helps volunteer intake counselors with client issues, and provides support and information to keep volunteers up-to-date.
- Serves as back-up for client intake.
- Assists with the CSFP program; maintains and organizes CSFP files.
- Ensures volunteers’ desks are furnished with supplies needed for intake.
- Performs light cleaning in the waiting room and intake area.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Performs other project and/or duties as needed.
- High School Degree or equivalent office experience required.
- 1 -2 yrs. of customer service experience, preferably in a non-profit work environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Ability to use the Internet for basic research.
- Spanish language fluency strongly preferred.
- Friendly, positive and energetic demeanor and a resilient can-do attitude required.
- Ability to exhibit patience and compassion with individuals in need of emergency assistance.
- Must have deep commitment and passion for the Harvest Hope mission.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates in an office and warehouse setting and may include exposure to freezer temperatures and areas without climate control. When the Emergency Food Pantry provides drive-thru service, the position will include frequent movement including lifting, bending, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Individual must be able to lift 25 pounds often and 50 pounds on occasion. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.