Accounts Payable & Data Specialist
Location: Administration - Columbia
The A/P & Data Specialist is responsible for tracking, organizing, and retaining all program service data. This position will also process all invoices received for payment and perform other daily financial transactions related to accounts payable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers and maintains updated hunger statistics and program service output data to support grant proposals, reports, and external and internal communications.
- Conducts audits and quality checks of data summaries and reports produced by other staff for internal and external purposes to ensure grants data is reported correctly.
- Produces various periodic reports, graphs and charts to demonstrate impact on community investments tailored for internal and external audiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of Harvest Hope operations and donor information and in compliance with HHFB financial policies.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly poundage reports to Feeding America.
- Obtain approvals and process outgoing payments in compliance with HHFB policy and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Facilitate timely payment of invoices by sending bill reminders and contacting approvers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Business or Accounting degree preferred
- Two or more years related experience and/or training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and training skills while working with diverse groups as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of giving kind and appropriate directions to volunteers.
- Ability to positively interact with internal and external customers
- Good math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records
- Knowledge and prior application of safe work practices and an attitude of safety awareness.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast pace and is deadline-driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.