Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: Administration - Columbia
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible to maintain and process financial transactions utilizing GAAP to ensure transactions are accurate and compliant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pays invoices timely by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
• Code such items as invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
• Scans all check/invoice support and complete deposit slips for bank deposits.
• Communicate with agency relations concerning agency payments/invoices to ensure timely payment or setup payment plans as needed.
• Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, or adjustments.
• Assist with month end close by ensuring all payables and receivables are posted and reconciled monthly.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to remain calm and solve problems, and show attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle
• Some college preferred, but relevant work experience is required
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast pace and is deadline-driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.