Agency Distribution Coordinator
The Agency Distribution Coordinator is responsible for the smooth and efficient distribution of products to partner agencies. The Agency Distribution Coordinator performs a variety of manual tasks associated with the acquisition, storage, and distribution of food and other donated products including pulling orders, unloading deliveries, repacking food products, operating warehouse equipment, volunteer supervision, and general maintenance and cleanup.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulls and stocks refrigerated goods for display in distribution, cooler, and dry area and communicate plan to Agency Relations Manager.
- Updates appointment board daily, pulls and stages orders, assists agencies with any shopping and weighing of product, and records transactions for inventory.
- Assists with growth of distribution of product through the mobile pantry program and general distribution to agencies.
- Ensures distribution area is neat, clean, free of debris, and media ready at all times.
- Alerts Agency Relations Manager of any order fulfillment issues as needed.
- Plans direct drops and or solicits agencies to receive short dated/bulk product loads to eliminate/reduce waste and improve outbound pounds.
- Supports and serves as backup to warehouse operations as needed.
- Ensures shrink wrap and pallet tags are neat, free of debris, and legible.
- Conducts daily inspections for refrigeration sanitation and neatness which includes cleaning up cardboard and plastic refuse, squaring pallets, moving pallets, and preparing for anticipated next-day work. Ensures tidiness and organization of work areas including cooler, and distribution dry storage areas.
- Commit to upholding principles and best practices for food safety. Assist in verifying food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials through visual inspection, product handling and temperature monitoring when applicable.
- Ensure all required documentation necessary for compliance to occupational safety, food safety standards and regulatory requirements is complete, accurate and current.
- Maintain good working knowledge of warehouse inventory.
- Assist in facilitating monthly inventory, counting, and reconciliation.
- Ensure a FIFO system is used for all inventory including refrigerated, frozen, dry, and CNS products.
- Other duties as assigned.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years related experience and/or training
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and training skills while working with diverse groups as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of giving kind and appropriate directions to volunteers.
- Ability to positively interact with internal and external customers
- Good math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and prior application of safe work practices and an attitude of safety awareness.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates in a warehouse setting and includes exposure to freezer temperatures and areas without climate control. The position will include frequent movement including lifting, bending, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Individual must be able to lift 25 pounds often and 50 pounds on occasion. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.