Bilingual Emergency Food Pantry Coordinator
This position will handle the intake process for Spanish speaking clients and will assist in other areas as needed. This person will also be responsible for assisting clients with Food Stamp applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily Operations for Intake and Translating
• Perform intake as needed primarily for Spanish speaking clients but also as needed for English speaking clients.
• Assist with translating for receptionist, other staff, or other volunteers for all Spanish speaking clients in person or on the phone.
• Translate any needed paperwork or signage.
• Complete paperwork and associated data entry for clients as needed.
• Provide accurate information on services and other resources to clients.
• Assist clients in filling out Food stamp applications for clients (both Spanish and English speaking).
• Schedule Food Stamp Appointments.
• Assist in making sure all volunteers and clients understand the Food Stamp Program, Benefit Bank, and application process.
• Coordinate Food Stamp Outreach for all clients with Director.
Office Reception and Administrative Duties
• Welcome all clients, volunteers, and donors when at reception.
• Answer phone calls listen to voice mails, and return calls as needed when receptionist is unavailable.
• Assist in preparing intake booths each morning and afternoon for service by getting the supplies ready for volunteers.
• Assist in communicating with volunteers about mistakes or changes in procedures.
• Performing any typing, filing, and any other office or data entry duties as assigned.
• Welcome volunteer individuals and groups explain project and supervise volunteers on project as needed.
• Assist in setting up, restocking, and cleaning up after volunteer projects – includes learning necessary warehouse equipment, inventory, and location of product throughout warehouse.
• Check in volunteers on GivEffect as needed and when Volunteer Coordinator is absent or unavailable.
• Strong communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies including donors, volunteers, potential agency members and others to educate about our mission and various services for the purposes of building brand.
• Deep commitment and passion for the mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank and Feeding America
• Must understand that good customer service and good public relations skills are essential to every task or duty.
• Must have integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.