Location: Columbia, S.C.
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the Development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in managing data in the donor database system to include creating donor files, entering financial gifts from donations and program income, and updating donor records.
• Serves as the main contact and subject matter expert on the donor database system.
• Runs reports for direct mail lists, event invitations, tax letters, thank you calls, board reports and other as needed.
• Provides excellent customer service with donors (in person, via phone, and in writing) and visitors to the branch. This may involve accepting walk-in gifts, processing inquiries, requests for mailing list removal, address corrections, monthly donor additions/revisions, and gift acknowledgement copies.
• Prepares and mails donor thank-you and gift acknowledgments, including handwritten letters.
• Monitors supply of department letterhead, envelopes, postcards, and other branded material and makes reorder requests as needed.
• Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
• Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
• Performs branch administrative and clerical support tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
• Acknowledges that HHFB team members are considered emergency responders and may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties in instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; 2-year degree preferred.
• Two years of experience in an administrative role.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to engage and direct volunteers.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position is primarily set in an office environment. The position requires prolonged periods of sitting. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.