Human Resources Internship
Location: Administration - Columbia
This is a paid summer internship with an average of 10 hours per week located in Columbia, SC. Ideal candidate will be enrolled at a four-year university majoring in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Update our internal databases with employee information, including contact details and employment forms.
• Sort and organize electronic employee files.
• Assist in creating position descriptions and job postings.
• Assist in drafting HR policies and procedures.
• Special projects as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Analytical or critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
• Good planning and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong listening skills and the ability to follow directions and ask questions to ensure a productive internship.
• Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws.
• Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Occasional travel between branches may be required.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.