This is a paid summer internship, average 10 hours per week and located in Columbia, SC. Ideal candidate will be enrolled at a four-year university as a rising junior or senior majoring in: Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to employee requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Supports PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Performs minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identifies and reports system issues to vendors.
- Monitors and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitors backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Assists in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Helps develop and provide employee training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Good planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to follow directions and ask questions to ensure a productive internship.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position requires a fast pace and is deadline-driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.