Location: Midlands or Upstate
This is a paid internship, average 10 hours per week and located in Columbia or Greenville SC. Ideal candidate will be enrolled at a four-year university as a rising junior or senior majoring in: Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics Engineering, Supply Chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main purpose of the role is to ensure an optimal logistic flow, from pick up at supplier to POU (Point of use) by improving the current flow, by industrializing new product programs from PS (Program Start)) to FSR (Final Status Report) and by introducing new logistic concepts and processes. PSCE operate within the Material Handling Process.
- Complete value stream mapping and documentation of current process and future state based on insights gained during the implementation.
- Present findings and recommend actions to the management team based on analysis of key performance indicators and associated metric.
- Track and monitor the benefits and cost savings of implemented solutions.
- Conduct logistics partner evaluations and recommend actions to improve performance.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Master's student strongly preferred
- Experience with technology systems and tools, including API, EDI or SAP
- Experience with analysis tools including SQL, VBA Macros, R Programming or related
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and present summary message required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Analytical or critical thinking skills
- Good planning and multi-tasking skills
- Strong listening skills and the ability to follow directions and ask questions to ensure a productive internship
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.