Programs & Agency Relations Manager
The Programs & Agency Relations Manager will oversee all aspects of the Harvest Hope agency network to maximize partner relationships and resources and ensure compliance with HHFB and Feeding America standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishes and tracks measure of service to member agencies using agency surveys, internal data reports and other metrics.
• Leads Harvest Hope agency network, capacity building, and nutrition services program efforts and outreach by developing and implementing a strategic vision.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates Harvest Hope agency strategies to include, but not limited to agency compliance, agency capacity growth, agency group structure, mobile food pantries, agency recruitment, agency training, and all nutrition services initiatives.
• Oversees the agency application, evaluation, onboarding, and agreement processes for agency partners.
• Develops and maintains relationships with current and potential agency partners to market product and services to expand network capacity, capability ad reach.
• Recruits new agencies where Harvest Hope needs to grow distribution.
• Develops any necessary reporting systems to ensure alignment with our standard operating procedures.
• Coordinates with other departments in the ongoing development and maintenance of our tiered agency network system.
• Builds positive relationships with partner organization representatives and agency stakeholders.
• Builds positive relationships with co-workers and ensures cohesiveness in agency relations across all branches and departments.
• Empowers and trains staff to work effectively and respectfully with partner agencies and ensures Agency Relations and Programs team embodies the spirit of working with partner agencies and communities.
• Positions staff to increase partner capacity and services for clients through active problem solving, innovation and communication.
• Handles complaints professionally, working to find mutually beneficial solutions to problems and challenges.
• Ensures that agencies are always in compliance with key non-negotiable standards as determined by Harvest Hope or Feeding America.
• Ensures that Harvest Hope has a compliance, monitoring and documentation system that works effectively.
• Develops and maintains an effective training program, including online training, in-person training, and Harvest Hope agency conference.
• Oversees database development and accuracy related to agency records.
• Oversees program agency orientation and training to ensure standards are met for all program groups.
• Analyzes program operational data to identify, plan and implement process changes to increase agency distribution and capacity.
• Partners with Operational team members to ensure that product quality and availability meet program needs and priorities.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
• Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience in program development and administration or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of creative and inspired leadership experience supervising managers and driving innovation both within a department and across an organization.
• Proven track record working in a collaborative team environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Strong knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, budget, and time management.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing creative and impactful communication that inspires donors to give.
• Experience evaluating processes and making strategic recommendations to increase effectiveness.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven role.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Frequent traveling during the day is required. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position is fast-paced and deadline driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.