Receptionist & Department Administrative Assistant
The Receptionist & Department Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Development team. The receptionist will greet and provide direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
- Handles administrative tasks related to food drives, gift tracking and acknowledgment and event coordination.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes messages and schedules appointments.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to engage and direct volunteers.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position is primarily set in an office environment. The position requires prolonged periods of sitting. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.