Location: Columbia, SC
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the finance department to ensure the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare, upload and post journal entries and accruals. Research and resolve the proper accounting treatment for transactions relevant to assigned areas of responsibility in accordance with GAAP and established Company policy.
- Assist with the month end close process and communicate with other departments to ensure all information requirements and reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare month end close account reconciliations.
- Assist and participate in the monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes including certain schedules and processes for monthly and quarterly financial reporting package.
- Assists with external auditors and provide needed information for the annual audit.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 4 - 7 years of experience in Accounting
- Master’s degree/CPA preferred (not required)
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office (Excel formulas and pivot tables)
- Ability to query and organize from multiple sources and platforms
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite preferred (not required)
- Works independently with limited supervision.
HHFB TEAM MEMBER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
- Acknowledges that HHFB team members are considered emergency responders and may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties in instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position operates primarily in an office setting within the branch. The position requires sitting at a desk and in meetings for long periods of time and involves extensive computer work with frequent interruptions. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires monitoring warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position is deadline driven.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.