Location: Pee Dee
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for supporting the Warehouse Manager by coordinating and helping to direct all warehousing activities. The Lead is responsible for following all processes to properly store product using effective warehousing and inventory management principles to ensure the safe handling of all product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with Warehouse Manager to direct the efficient movement of product in and out of warehouse safely and accurately using established HHFB inventory processes and procedures.
• Responsible for organizing, planning, coordinating, facilitating and managing all aspects of physical inventory.
• Assists warehouse manager in determining staffing levels and assigning workload.
• Trains warehouse staff and drivers in HHFB warehouse and inventory procedures and policies. Monitors performance to ensure training effectiveness.
• Follows all warehouse safety procedures, including those related to material handling, food safety, and operating warehouse equipment.
• Ensures a FEFO (first expired, first out) system is used for all inventory.
• Assists in facilitating monthly inventory, counting and reconciliation.
• Complies with AIB, Feeding America and other regulatory agency warehouse standards.
• Ensure all required documentation necessary for compliance to occupational safety, food safety standards and regulatory requirements is complete, accurate and current.
• Keeps warehouse clean and sanitized and conducts cleaning activities according to schedule.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
• Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
• Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative and respectful approach.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately.
• 5+ years of warehouse and forklift experience preferred.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Ability to lead others and take direction with minimal supervision.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good math skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to work steadily and independently with minimal supervision.
• Able to operate forklift, pallet jack, and other standard warehouse equipment.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds in a labor-intensive environment.
• Working knowledge of basic principles of inventory management and ability to use scan guns and inventory software.
• Ability to engage and direct volunteers.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position is primarily set in a warehouse environment with varying temperatures, including freezers and outdoor weather conditions. The position is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, twist, carry and lift objects up to 30 to 50 pounds. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment.
Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position is labor intensive and requires a fast pace.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.