Location: Florence, S.C.
The purpose of this position is to oversee all shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, inventory counts, inventory controls and fleet management. The Warehouse Manager is accountable for managing the order selection process of products from receipt and processing of orders, to selection and delivery to their distribution points. The position is responsible for planning and delegating work assignments, meeting daily requirements, establishing performance standards, meeting objectives, and determining causes of variances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures operational excellence in all warehouse areas to include efficient operations of warehouse systems and related equipment, proper layout of warehouse and product placement, and ongoing maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas to always remain ready for tours.
- Manages a staff of warehouse workers and drivers and handles all associated human resource activities, including hiring, performance management, training, and retention.
- Submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce overall cost-to-serve and assists with the implementation of changes within inbound and outbound warehouse operations.
- Maintains retail relationships for assigned counties and retail stores, ensuring pick up, reporting and good standing with HHFB; responsible for yearly in person meetings and manages to retail relationship survey results.
- Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of management, promotes cooperation with other departments, and leads staff and peers to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes.
- Evaluates metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety Team to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Ensures warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs require.
- Coordinates all activities concerned with inventory maintenance and the timely, cost efficient shipment of product to and from the warehouse; ensures a FEFO (first expired, first out) system is used for inventory.
- Implements practices and policies to run the warehouse within budget and recommends budgetary changes and improvements to the Branch Director.
- Reviews and recommends procedural changes to achieve and maintain accurate receiving and shipping of inventory and materials.
- Ensures the warehouse, fleet vehicles and material handling equipment are prepared for all audits and complies with AIB, Feeding America and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Responsible for developing and revising retail routes for greatest efficiency and use of resources.
- Maintains records of equipment maintenance, cleaning schedules, temperature logs and SDS sheets.
- Monitor theft prevention safeguards to assure integrity of inventory.
- Prepares reports on warehouse activities as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
HHFB Team Member Accountabilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HHFB mission and to fighting to end hunger in South Carolina.
- Displays a desire to work with culturally diverse populations using a compassionate, collaborative, and respectful approach.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including reporting all unsafe acts and behaviors, safety hazards, incidents, or accidents immediately.
- Acknowledges that HHFB team members are considered emergency responders and may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties in instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Five years or more warehousing and/or distribution operations experience.
- Three years of experience supervising and leading a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and direct volunteers.
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills coupled with strong team orientation, exemplary project management skills and a high customer service focus.
- Must have integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be an excellent problem solver with the ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize needs and work within budget restrictions.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks outlined in this job description.
This position is primarily set in a warehouse environment with varying temperatures, including freezers and outdoor weather conditions. The position is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, twist, carry and lift objects up to 30 to 50 pounds. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and normal hazards of a warehouse environment. Occasionally, this role is required to respond to organizational needs outside of normal working hours. The position is labor intensive and requires a fast pace.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job and the general nature and level of work associated with the position. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments the individual may be given. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract.